The Consumer Reports Opportunity
Digital interfaces are becoming exceedingly more prevalent in the products and services that Consumer Reports (CR) tests and rates. As a Sr. Product Usability Researcher, you will review and guide the development of ease-of-use test protocols across product categories to ensure they align with consumer needs, improve testing accuracy and efficiency.
You will also serve as an on-staff Human Factors and Human Computer Interaction expert across the Research Testing & Insights division.
What you will do
- You will lead the development of ease-of-use testing protocols for digital interfaces on products
- Continue our work in guiding the development of ease-of-use tests across all product categories that CR rates
- You will conduct Human Factors (HF) and Human Computer Interaction (HCI) evaluations for products and services and provide expertise in CRs publications
- Plan, coordinate and oversee test projects of considerable scope ensuring that ratings are delivered accurately and within established deadlines
- Partner with product testing experts and content managers in a variety of projects that require leadership, collaboration and flexibility
- Design and develop new testing methods as required
- Interact with manufacturers and retailers as necessary
- You will be a member of the Consumer Experience & Usability Research (CXUR) team
- Your degree is in a Usability research-related field: interaction design, human factors, psychology, sociology, anthropology, HCI, etc.
- You have at least 5 years of industry experience in Human Factors and product usability
- You are skilled in a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- You have exceptional project management and data analysis skills
- You are able to visualize data in unique ways, present evidence and make recommendations
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Consumer Reports
At CR, we believe our continued ability to understand and advance the interests of all American consumers is possible only if our staff fully reflects the full cultural, racial and ethnic diversity of those consumers.
Consumer Reports is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Usability Associates is the exclusive recruiter for this position with direct access to the hiring manager. Contact Stan
Caplan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris Koch at email@example.com to learn more about the